Tuesday, January 11

It Happened Around 5:30 AM

5:30 AM:  That's when said to myself "Okay, I'll take a snow day tomorrow."  And here we are, waiting for the snowfall.  (But I did get grading done, so in the case of school tomorrow I'll be ready!)

In other news...  Ange got me an amazing photo mosaic for Christmas (pictured below) of my favorite LOST character, Mr. Desmond Hume.  There is nothing quite like a time-traveling Scotsman who would do anything for his love.  (I'm sure a later post will deal more with Hume...)


So I put it on display in my classroom and one of the laws that govern a classroom is that it take at least a full day before the students realize there is something new in the room.  This applies not just to inanimate objects but also people/animals.  Today, a couple of my students pointed out the picture.

The first student said "Why do you have a picture of Chuck Norris by the window?!"  So I had to tell them it wasn't Chuck Norris, but I didn't tell them who it really was.

The second student said "Do you really have a puzzle on yourself on display?!"  (I quickly smiled to myself) And then replied,  "Thanks, but it's not me."   So being mistaken for Desmond/him being mistaken for me, I'll take that and put it in my pocket.

Time to do some snow dancing, drink more Kahlua coffee (4th cup SEE YA BED!) and get some more reading done!

2 comments:

  1. I'm just impressed they know who Chuck Norris is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah. He has gained quite a mythological status recently even though I don't think he's appeared in public since making that karate movie.

    ReplyDelete