Sunday, January 16

Back from the Mountains!


Even though it's good to get away once in awhile, there is nothing quite like being home.  Ange and I (and Felicia, my Future Sister-in-Law) headed up to the Pocono's to our friend, Rug's, house.  While there, we enjoyed the overwhelmingly welcoming hospitality of Rug's parents.  This hospitality included meals that were always at least two courses (some were three) and always included wine/cognac/beer.  As usual, the weekend was full of fun but went by way too quickly.  Thankfully, I have an extended weekend! 

With tomorrow off, I have some pressure off of the constant demands of being a teacher and will get to my lesson planning after a much-needed night's rest in my comfy bed.

Looking forward to this week in school!  Starting a unit on Medieval Europe and the Middle East on Wednesday which I'm going to begin with discussions on the three main religions of these areas:  Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.  I love discussing religion with my students!  It's important that I tell them that we are all here to share our beliefs and viewpoints while keeping in mind that I'm presenting simply the beliefs to the class and not forcing anything on them.

Even when the students identify themselves as Christian, Jewish, or Muslim;  it is quickly realized that they do not know as much of their religions as they think they do.  So no matter what, there are always questions and surprises.  Hoping to share with them some stories from the Old/New Testaments/Qur'an that will help them relate to the beliefs of these religions.

And now a wizard to complete this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment